... Because everything I learned about living a good life, I learned in my kitchen.

I won't always show you recipes, because I don't measure. You can't really measure life, so how can I teach you that?

On our journey I will share stories of self-reflection as we cook and reminisce. The kitchen remains to be my "hall of epiphanies" . Stay with me as we explore the depths of our cooking pots, and of our soul...



Thursday, October 4, 2012

Where have I been, you ask?

The notion of "finding one's self" always seemed funny to me.  I always know where I am.
I'd often read about celebrities that went off to another continent to meet their destiny and find God.

For me, and thankfully for my budget, I didn't have to leave the comfort of my home.  I've always felt that God lives within us.  I can always find Him when I look for him.

I just needed to be quiet for a while so that I could actually hear Him.  That's right friends. All this time, all this sorrow, and all this frustration and in the end, all I had to do was to be...quiet.

Silence can be so loud.

Today, I'm happier and more fulfilled than I have been.  I had to let go of things, of people and of the past to get here.  It has been worth it, and I look forward to sharing that with you soon.

I've missed you.

No comments:

Post a Comment