... Because everything I learned about living a good life, I learned in my kitchen.

I won't always show you recipes, because I don't measure. You can't really measure life, so how can I teach you that?

On our journey I will share stories of self-reflection as we cook and reminisce. The kitchen remains to be my "hall of epiphanies" . Stay with me as we explore the depths of our cooking pots, and of our soul...



Sunday, January 13, 2013

Energia.


...I don't care how much you think you know a person.

You can't possibly completely know a person because as human beings, we continue to evolve until our last breath.  

We don't ever know our own full potential.  And if you wake up and decide you've reached your full potential, then it's time to up your game.  Complacency is dangerous.

When it comes to the people in our lives, we hope that their own evolution will complement ours.  What happens if it doesn't?  Is that repairable?  Can you work through it?  I hope so.  I'm a believer that if there's a true partnership, it can be done.

That applies to family, friendships and intimate relationships.  How much do we want to invest?

I thought about that a lot today. I woke up early this morning, and decided to leave a nice roast slow-cooking with some full-bodied red wine, potatoes, carrots and salt & pepper.

Did you notice that I left out the Latin seasonings.  Today, I was all about simplicity.

In the meantime, I went to church, spent time with my friends afterwards, and then went to the gym.  I confirmed something I've known about myself today.  I like to be anonymous at the gym.  Even when approached with friendly conversation, I shy away from it there.  That's my quiet time to reflect...

By the time I got in, the roast smelled divine.  I threw some Jasmine rice in the rice cooker opened up a bottle of Malbec and let myself unwind in a hot shower.   I let the physical exhilaration of an intense workout set in and relax me.  What I had a hard time relaxing was my mind.  Strange, because my soul was definitely at peace.

The question becomes- where does all this energy go? 

Where is this evolution taking me?  Who I am today, is not the woman that I was five years, ten years ago.   I like this one so much better. 
I'm smiling so big right now as I write this... God only knows what's around the bend.  I'm game for what He has in store for me.  He has never let me down.  What I thought would break me, has made me a force.  So then, what's the worst that can happen?

Bring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment